You can also spend your time on your business – doing things that need to be done in a leisurely way. What are the tasks it makes sense to pay attention to at this time?
- Review your financial information. Are your books up to date? Are you getting the reports you need?
- Make sure your billing is done and you are collecting the money due you.
- If you buy products from suppliers, determine whether you can get extended terms.
- If you sell items, check your inventory and plan to rid yourself of slow-moving items. You might offer them as a holiday special by offering them free with another purchase or by discounting the slow movers.
- Check your prices. If you are going to raise them, this is the time of year to do it when raises are less likely to be noticed.
- Plan your marketing strategy. I am advising clients this is a good time to put up or work on their website, form a social media group, plan mailings, campaigns for the year, etc.
Make the most of the holiday season – for yourself, your family, and your business.